Cinco de Mayo is all about celebrating Mexican heritage and I am so excited. I love any excuse to gorge myself on Mexican food (I’m a born and raised Southern California vegetarian who grew up eating bean burritos every day). Tomorrow I’ll be making tons of veggie tacos and fresh guacamole, and hope to have time […]
Cinco de Mayo is a fun excuse to spice up your meal plan for the week. Celebrate this year with some kid-friendly vegetarian dishes that are super yummy and fun to make. Tostada Salad: For a fresh, lighter meal this Cino de Mayo, make a tostada salad!
Get Weekly inspiration
HOW TO BE SORTA-CRUNCHY•••
1. Adopt a plant-based diet with green smoothies
2. Start using coconut oil (for almost everything)
3. Ditch the paper towels and use cloth napkins
4. Make Trash to Treasure Art Projects with your kids
5. Unplug the TV and reconnect with your family
6. Furnish your home with second-hand treasures
7. Be the change you wish to see
8. Teach your kids responsibility and effort with important work—chores.
9. Save the world we live in and bike around town
10. Upgrade your kitchen to eco-friendly pots and pans