Love the idea of homemade jam, but haven’t made the jump to actually doing it? Well, this super easy strawberry jam recipe is for you. It’s basic, really fast and tastes incredible. We picked 57 pounds of strawberries (yes, 57 pounds) and filled our freezer with pints of this jam. It tastes great on toast, pancakes, mixed into plain yogurt and even as a filling in cake.
I have always loved jam, but 95% of the ones in the grocery store have corn syrup in them. And those that don’t have it, are expensive! The only exception I have found to this is Trader Joe’s. They carry some great jams, especially the reduced-sugar apricot one. So I began making my own jam a few summers ago and keep it as simple as I can. I use Ball Real Fruit Instant pectin and am all about the freezer jam. It’s the easiest way to make jam (no need to do a hot water bath or boil the berries). Simple is the way to go in my book.
Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
Making jam doesn’t get any easier than this recipe here.
- 5 cups of crushed strawberries: Wash, hull, then crush one layer at a time (or if you have an immersion blender, that works great)
- 6 Tbsp Ball Real Fruit Instant Pectin (Target sells it in a small plastic container)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (I prefer the super fine granuals for jam)
- 6 half-pint mason jars with straight sides
- STIR sugar and pectin in a bowl.
- ADD crushed strawberries and stir 3 minutes.
- LADLE jam into clean jars and let stand 30 minutes. Enjoy immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Yes, you can freeze mason jars (just leave 1/2 inch headspace to allow for expansion during freezing.)