Calling all conscious shoppers who are surrounded by men who rock! At Family Sponge, we believe in sustainable and socially responsible gift giving for eco-loving families. We are always on the hunt for awesome world changing companies that make gifts that give back to charities and causes we believe in. And we think our exclusive holiday eco-friendly gift giving guide will make any man in your life feel honored to strut this gear.
Gifts That Give Back : Men
1. Recycled Record Clock: Who doesn’t love vinyl records? This handmade clock is for the music lover in your life. What makes this gift more than awesome is you get to choose what kind of record album you want– from jazz to rock and even the 80s! You can find this sweet clock on one of our favorite shopping sites: uncommon goods.
2. Handmade Fire Hose Belt: These belts are made by Gallo En Fuego, a company that repurposes firefighting gear into sweet looking belts and wallets. The special men in your life can wear these handmade items that were part of action-packed, lifesaving stories. And they’ve got kids belts for the firetruck loving boy! A portion of proceeds goes to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation to remember America’s fallen fire heros and assist their survivors in rebuilding their lives.
3. The Seven Year Pen:If you’ve got a writer in your family who admires the handwritten word, then gift a planet saving pen that lasts seven years. Seltzer Goods is serious about eco-friendly materials, packaging, and production methods. They say that, “Each year, an estimated 100 million pens are discarded every day. Yikes! Is all that waste really necessary?” We agree. It’s not necessary and this pen is the perfect solution.
4. Organic Socks for Charity: It’s a running joke that the men in our family always get socks for Christmas. So why not make a sock purchase that really rocks! I’m pretty much sold on the PACT mission: make organic and colorful undergarments that not only brighten up your day, but also help provide homeless men and women with warm clothes and jobs. Give the gift of warmth this season!
5. Reclaimed Wood Beer Tote: I had to include one more uncommon good item because they have the best selection of unique items– especially for men. Not only is this wooden six pack beer tote handmade, but it’s recycled using redwood beams reclaimed from salvage yards in the San Francisco Bay Area. This gift will make any bottle lover do the happy dance!
Share with your loved ones!
Have friends you know would appreciate some world changing gifts that give? Spread the love and SHARE this post on Facebook!
P.S. if you are doing your holiday shopping online, support Family Sponge by shopping on Amazon (we get a small percentage when you shop through our link– and it doesn’t cost you anything. Sweet!)