Summer is here! I am inspired by The Happy Family Movement to create and display our summer bucket list in our home. This way our summer fun ideas are staring us right in the face all summer long. My list was a lot longer, but I decided to trim it down to make sure we have to time to slow down, be still and just unplug from being busy.
I used a dry erase marker and wrote on our stand alone repurposed mirror in our living room. My daughter loves looking at it and adding her own ideas: Disneyland, Beach, Zoo, Surprise Party, Camping.
30 Summer Bucket List Ideas
1. Get ice cream
2. Fly a kite
4. Water balloon fun
5. Attend a local library event
6. Breakfast for dinner
7. Picnic dinner at the park
8. Family bike ride
9. Morning snuggles and story time
10. Night walk with flashlights and star gazing
11. Build a sand castle at the beach
12. Beach bonfire and s’mores
13. Build a fort for Family Movie Night
14. Go to an outdoor concert in the park
15. Make a cake from scratch and celebrate an un-birthday
16. Have a pajama dance party before bed
17. Go on a hike and picnic
18. Attend a local library event
19. Hunt for bugs on a nature walk
20. Road trip to a new town
21. Wash the cars
22. Visit a local CSA farm
23. Have a living room sleepover
24. Make playdough
25. Blow bubbles on the Golden Gate Bridge
26. Outdoor messy art play (sidewalk chalk, shaving cream, finger paint)
27. Host a tea party
28. Visit local Farmer’s Market
29. Visit a new playground
30. Paint a cardboard box
You can join The Happy Family Movement’s Summer Bucket List Challenge here.
For other bucket list ideas, check out Jen’s fun list here.
What’s on your Summer Bucket List? Share your ideas in the comments.