It’s December, which means it is time for the mailbox to be filled with festive cards and letters from family and friends around the world. I absolutely love looking at the pictures and reading the stories that shape and transform a family’s lives in a year. And I also love sharing my own family pictures and adventures in a Christmas postcard. I switched from traditional photo cards to postcard style two years ago and I will never turn back. I love, love, love it! And I think you will as well. — Jen
Why switch to holiday postcards?
1. It saves an envelope. And thus, a poor tree’s limb.
2. It saves money. Postage is cheaper— It only costs 29 cents to mail a standard size postcard, rather than the 44 cents to mail a letter. They are cheaper to buy— You immediately save 30% off the cost when you switch from card to postcard on Tiny Prints.
3. It takes a lot of anxiety out of Christmas cards. I am not spending hours personalizing the inside of each card (which would be nice to do, but I have two young kids and a handsome husband whom I love to spend my nights with).
There are so many ways to create cute postcards, and one of the easiest and cutest is with Tiny Prints. I love their simple, spunky and creative designs. And all you have to do is upload your favorite family pictures and type in your family update. It’s easy, yet the outcome is always beautiful.
Tips to make your holiday postcards stand out:
1. Make sure your family pictures are high quality (check your camera settings) and taken in good lighting (this will help with the colors looking healthy and rich.) I suggest using photos that were taken outside— they tend to have a more uplifting feel to them.
2. Keep it simple. Don’t pack in the content and images until there is no space left for your card to “breath.” Share what is important and keep it at that.
3. Make it reflect you! Use pictures that show your family’s personality. Remind others of who you are, not just how you look. A picture can tell a 1,000 words, so let it!