I stumbled upon Box Life and am so impressed by the creativity! I love how cardboard boxes can come to life and even invoke emotion in such an unexpected way. With the amount of boxes in our house (from Amazon purchases to Sam’s Club and Costco errands, we could build an multi-generational box family.
Some days I find it hard to be crafty with the kids– the markers dried up, the tape is gone, there’s no more construction paper, the play dough dried out, the list goes on. But when you change your perspective from only using “craft supplies” to using what you have on hand, the doors of [...]
Written by contributor Melissa Allen of Green Owl Art. Earth Day is a great time to teach children the responsibility they have to our planet. They are the future and the future starts with us. Let’s get ready to explore some trash to treasure ideas with our kids. I have been talking with Emma and Grayson [...]
Get Weekly inspiration
HOW TO BE SORTA-CRUNCHY•••
1. Adopt a plant-based diet with green smoothies
2. Start using coconut oil (for almost everything)
3. Ditch the paper towels and use cloth napkins
4. Make Trash to Treasure Art Projects with your kids
5. Unplug the TV and reconnect with your family
6. Furnish your home with second-hand treasures
7. Be the change you wish to see
8. Teach your kids responsibility and effort with important work—chores.
9. Save the world we live in and bike around town
10. Upgrade your kitchen to eco-friendly pots and pans