Written by contributor Felicia Clark of A Simply Raw Life. If you’re like me, you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, but you still want to create delicious healthy meals for your family. I LOVE to make grain salads because they are very nutritious, full of flavor and color, and you can make [...]
It’s citrus season in Florida and the oranges, tangerines and lemons are taking over. It’s such a cheerful time of year, that it makes me forget how horrible the last four months were as I survived my first summer in the south (humidity, bugs, heat, daily thunderstorms, oh my). So to celebrate this wonderful season, let’s make some lemonade and explore some of the happiness that citrus has to offer.
Get Weekly inspiration
HOW TO BE SORTA-CRUNCHY•••
1. Adopt a plant-based diet with green smoothies
2. Start using coconut oil (for almost everything)
3. Ditch the paper towels and use cloth napkins
4. Make Trash to Treasure Art Projects with your kids
5. Unplug the TV and reconnect with your family
6. Furnish your home with second-hand treasures
7. Be the change you wish to see
8. Teach your kids responsibility and effort with important work—chores.
9. Save the world we live in and bike around town
10. Upgrade your kitchen to eco-friendly pots and pans